Monday, November 17, 2008

Another Confession: I'm A Trekkie

I don't really tell people this, it ruins my cred as both an intellectual and a fabulous gay man. (I know, what cred?) But I'm a hardcore Trekkie. I've seen every movie, including Nemesis in theatres and I've owned VHS copies of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Voyager. And the animated series. I've read the novels, the comic books. I've owned a Star Trek tie for years before I wore it for my geek costume this past Halloween. The Ethics Of Star Trek is one of my favorite philosophical books. I think Patrick Stewart as Jean Luc-Picard is the hottest naturally bald man ever, and I would do James T. Kirk in a heartbeat. Yeah, he's a man whore and Shatner is pretty gross these days. But circa 1966? I'd hit that, for sure. We had a phaser-shaped remote growing up. I have a Captain Picard doll. (OK, that I should not have admitted to...)

So am I excited for Lost auteur J.J. Abrams' new Star Trek film? Fuck yeah!! The second trailer just dropped this morning on the webs, and it's looking sexy. Did I just say a Star Trek trailer was sexy? God, I need to get laid more... Anyway, watch and let me know: should I be lining up for tickets now?

2 comments:

Allan S. said...

I am so ready to be beamed up. Yes, get in line for tickets and Trek out.

C. Paul Keller said...

Allan, I guess I will see you in line! The more I watch the trailer, the more excited I get. I will try to restrain myself from getting into costume or anything, though.