Monday, November 24, 2008

David Cook Is Anti H8, Plus Harrisburg Rally News

Sexiest American Idol winner ever David Cook was interveiwed on LOGO's NewNowNext blog. In it he talks about his new CD, making that enjoyable Guitar Hero commercial and his love of Ani DiFranco. Also, he's against Proposition 8, the California ballot measure that banned same-sex couples from having the same rights as straight couples. He really is perfect, isn't he? With the exception of his receding hairline, there is not a damn thing wrong with the man. Here is a quote: "Human rights is human rights and I don't really see how sexuality parlays into whether or not you're a human being." I swoon! Watch the video below:



Gay music and video from NewNowNext.com



Since we're on the topic, I was at the anti-Proposition 8 rally on the Pennsylvania State Capitol steps yesterday afternoon. It was really awesome, there was great number of people there, both members and friends of the LGBT community. I saw a lot of young people, which is very exciting. My pastor from the MCC of The Spirit spoke first, she really drove home the need to start a dialouge with religious communities. I think she also was the one who mentioned that many who voted for this measure voted from fear, not hate and we must respond with love. Cause God is love, y'all! Alanna Berger of the Silent Witness program also spoke. She told how she didn't want to get married when she was younger, with the old "I don't need a paper to say I love you" arguement. Then, she wanted to protect her long term relationship finacially and legally, so the couple went to a lawyer to have papers drawn up. It would cost them a thousand dollars to become husband and wife in everything but name, so they got married. A marriage license is fifteen bucks, and it comes with 1400 laws protecting that relationship. Laws that cannot be challenged. Documents can be disputed in a court of law, we've seen it a million times.

What do we want? Equality. When do we want it? Now. That's the subversive homosexual agenda. Seriously, you can still marry your first cousin, without any qualifications, in twenty-some states. Seriously, if I can marry my cousin Tara and I can't marry Justin Timberlake, that is pretty fucked up. And really gross.

Anyway, not to get vain on your asses or anything, the local CBS 21 coverage of the rally ends with a shot of me in my fabulous new coat and bright red hair at the 2:04 mark.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Can I tell you that I watched the video of the news report and screamed like I gave birth to you "OMG, it's Paul!" I had to remind myself that I haven't given birth to anyone especially a grown man in a fierce coat whose blog I love.

CONGRATS on being famous!

C. Paul Keller said...

Thanks, Junior! Your compound compliment made my day...

Now that I'm famous it's so very hard to go out in public. So many autograph seekers, I may have to hire a bodygaurd. LOL