Thursday, November 27, 2008

Give Thanks...

Here in the US of A, it's Thanksgiving. For everyone else, it's just Thursday. Either way, I hope you're having a great day!

Here are a few things I'm thankful for:

My family. They mean the world to me, even when we argue and fuss. They love me, I love them. It's as simple as that. I'm thankful for Saturday nights at Aunt Tina's, watching her latest Netflix rental. I'm thankful for A'melanie and Aunt Deb who always seem to send me an email when I need one. I'm thankful for my sisters and my mom, even though we bicker like a bunch of tiny children. I love you guys.

My church. You probably have no idea how much I needed a community full of love to accept me. Or maybe you do, a lot of you have been in the same places I have. But y'all have gone above and beyond, even asking me to lead a Bible study. It warms my heart to know you think I'm capable.

My job. Yeah, I bitch about it all the time. But I bring home a decent paycheck, and I'm damn good at my job. I'm respected and liked there.

My music. On those days I feel at loose ends, there is nothing more soul satisfying than opening my iTunes and choosing a fun dance song to get me moving or an acoustic ballad to make me wistful or a heavy rock song to get my blood pumping.

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your turkey (or tofurky. Or ham. Or lasagna. Or whatever...) and I'll see you on the flipside.

No comments: