Tuesday, November 4, 2008

David Cook Should've Left The Light Off His New Video

I love David Cook more than any other American Idol winner since Kelly. He is hot as ballz, has an incredibly sexy voice and a brilliant rock-star swagger and persona. I am in love with his new single, "Light On" which was co-written by Soundgarden's Chris Cornell and has an anthemic feel and a sexual pulse that thrills me. I have literally been salivating for the release of the video, I knew my beloved Cookie would turn it out to turn me on!

Alas, while David's performance clips in the video are arousingly rock-star with all the gorgeousness and star power one would expect, the plot involving high school kids with crushes was beyond lame. This is an adult rock song, not some High School Musical cover. I would still drag DC into a deserted dressing room for a little bump n grind session, but the morons who green lit this concept video will get none of this jelly. Don't try to turn every cougar's favorite heart throb into a teen sensation. Give us edge, give us sexy darkness! This video fails every time David Cook's face is no longer on the screen. As it should...

No comments: