Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kelly + Twilight = Meh? Is Something Wrong With My Math?

A couple of bloggers have posted a song that is rumored to appear on the Twilight: New Moon soundtrack, and it's by my favorite Idol, lil' miss Kelly Clarkson. You didn't know it was Kelly week at the Pictures And Convos site, did you? Me neither...

Anyway, it's called "Did You" and it's not very good. Idolator implies that it may be a My December demo, and I think that sounds about right. The only problem being that it sounds like the worst songs from that album (which were kinda hookless and mopey) instead of the good stuff like "Irvine." It's not spooky and faux-goth enough to be cool like Paramore's contribution to the last soundtrack or even "Never Again" and not bouncy enough to be "Since U Been Gone" and the vocals seem squelched. I do know Kelly is a huge Twihard, so it makes sense she would get on board with a soundtrack cut. I just wish it sounded better.


No comments: