Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ten Days Of Idol Insanity: Live-Blogging The Idol Finale!

Hello Idol heads! I was going to be using Twitter to live-blog tonight's Idol finale Part 1, you can still follow my tweeting at www.twitter.com/paulbos for all my Idol-licous comments, snark and fun. But my Twitter widget won't cooporate, so instead I'll be blogging during the commercial breaks whatever is good, bad and Paula-level crazy. Stay tuned to this post, and refresh after each break for new comments!

8:06PM - So far, so filler. Kara co-wrote the single, is it gonna be "I Do Not Hook Up" awesome? Or more "This Is My Now"? And the boys will be doing an encore of their favorite performance of the season, boring. But they look fine as hale, yo. I wanna be all up in that Idol sammich.

8:24PM - They were both so good, Adam's entrance was higher than "Feelin' Good" level, that smoke machine/riser/trench coat combo was hot. But Kris is so emotional, and "Ain't No Sunshine" was frakkin' flawless. Damn, I don't even know who to vote for this time!

8:34PM - Adam is no Same Cooke, that was a really dumb song choice from Simon Fuller. He was good, but he should have rearranged it, except he would have been bashed for that.

8:40PM - It was a little too jam band, and I agree with Simon. Too laid back, and surprisingly I liked Adam a lot more. I'm leaning towards Adam to get my votes, but we'll see if either can rock the Idol single...

8:50PM - Adam is a Broadway-trained actor/singer and not even he could make me believe this Miley Cyrus cast-off of a song. God, why do they have to perform such banal "inspircraptional" music?

9:16PM - Kris sold me on "No Boundaries" but I can't vote for either of them. It would be like picking a favorite kid. I can't do it, I love them both. Like a fat kid loves banana creme cake AND spice cake with cream cheese icing.

No comments: