Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ten Days Of Idol Insanity: Predicting Tonight's Song Choices

Tonight we get to see the Top Three do two solo performances. One is a judges choice, which have been leaked online, and the other is contestant's choice. Without a theme limitation, the choices are almost limitless. Here's are the songs I think they should sing, and what I think they will pick instead:

Danny Gokey: My evil twin has a gruff yet blue-eyed soul voice like Micheal McDonald or Marc Cohn. (I'm not going to mention the smug, self congratulating attitude. Oops, too late!) Paul picked a Terence Trent D'Arby song for him to do, I'd never heard "Dance, Little Sister" so I did a quick YouTube search. I was surprised, I never realized how similar Danny's voice is to TTD. Danny could rock this, which makes me sad because I HATE HIM SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!! Sorry, I tried not to bring that up. I am trying to avoid the haterade, but it tastes so fucking delicious. Anyway, good choice Paula! I would actually suggest Marc Cohn's "Walking In Memphis" for his personal choice, if he did the Cher version it would fit his gospel vibe. He's more likely to whip out some MercyMe or Casting Crowns, he could make "I Could Only Imagine" another sickening tribute to his late wife.

Adam Lambert: Simon was rumored to have picked "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak for the Glambert. That would have been awesome, yet predictable. But the current word on the net is "One" by U2, and I'm hoping he will be influenced by the Mary J. version. He could show Lil how a diva does this shit. And kudos to Simon for not going the obvious Queen route. Perhaps "Wicked Game" is his personal choice, I'm liking the idea of it but was hoping for something to which he could bring a fresh sound. Part of me wants a totally over-the-top flaming homosexual performance, like whipping out another Yvonne Elliman classic, "I Don't Know How To Love Him" or tearing shit up with some Katy Perry. But something like that would cost him too many votes, and I need an Adam win. I loved his stripped down performances as much as I love his wild rock side, so either showing Gokey up by owning "Dream On" or stripping down Whitney Houston's "So Emotional" would be OK in my book. You know what would be great TV? Doing a stripped down, emotion drenched reading of Idol judge Paula's "Straight Up." Snap, Idol incest is best.

Kris Allen: Can we just gaze at that face? Isn't he just dreamy? He could sing anything except "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" and I would be dropping my panties for him. Gawd little wonder he landed on After Elton's Hot 100. But, not unlike Paula, I'm just here for the music. I really didn't mean to turn you on. Kara and Randy ganged up on him and forced One Republic's "Apologize" on his sweet and soft voice. I think he can handle it, and I think he should play it straight. Do the song as written, and then show us your arranging chops on the personal choice. I always got a Jason Mraz/John Mayer vibe from our boy, Mraz's new single "Lucky" would be awesome, especially if Kris sang it to his wife. Even better, "Your Body Is A Wonderland." Bring Mrs. Allen up on stage and maybe dance with her a little. Or start out on stage, climb down the stairs and find her in the crowd. Serenade her, and I will melt into a puddle of Harlequin romance cliches. Too late, already getting damp...

I guess we'll find out tonight what the Hottie Brigade will bring us. First strictly dickly top three in Idol history, bee-tee-dubs. Even though I hate Danny, I'm hoping for a GoBert finale. If When Adam wins, Danny will have to give him a congratulatory hug. And the hateful look on his face will be so beautifully awkward, I will just laugh my evil laugh and scream "WE DID IT! This is for you Allison! WE PUT THE GO IN GOKEY!" Although, it's not just the go I want to put in Gokey, ifyouknowhatimean...

Speaking of hotness, we'll be looking at the Hot Hotties of American Idol later in on during our Ten Days Of Idol Insanity!

No comments: